Saturday, August 4, 2012

Soulistic Chicken Dinner in Pumpkin Soup Review

Suki tried a new food today. I was at PETCO last night and I noticed this pouch of cat food on on of their aisle displays. I glanced quickly at it, and what caught my eye was that it was "Chicken Dinner in Pumpkin Soup". I thought that was interesting, and Suki had never had pumpkin before, so I grabbed a pouch to test it out. The brand is Soulistic.


After doing some research, I learned that Soulistic pet food contains lean, whole cuts of free range boneless, skineless white breast chicken mean that is free of added hormones and steroids - or wild caught, sustainable resource dolphin and turtle safe fish. Plus a whole bunch of added vitamins and minerals. (Source)


I poured it into her bowl, and before I could get it on the floor near her water, she was up on the counter giving it a taste. What is great about this food, is that it has so much water in it. We live in a really hot place, so this is helps Suki to not get dehydrated too.


The one mistake I made was that I poured the whole pouch into a bowl for her. She didn't eat even half of it (I think she wasn't as hungry as I thought). I put it in the refrigerator for later. I think if I just add water to it when I get it out again, she will give it another whirl.

Have you tried this brand? What did your cat think? Leave a comment below! 

2 comments:

  1. I have not tried this! Have you tried fresh bird or mousie? Those are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new adopted rescuees, Socks and Kramer, LOVED this food, which came highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete